The State Authorization Network
SAN members, log in for exclusive content.
Learn more about SAN!
Not a member?
News & Updates (June)
May 17, 2023 - U.S. Department of Education Press Release of Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM); Federal Register Announcement: Financial Value Transparency and Gainful Employment, Financial Responsibility, Administrative Capability, Certification Procedures, Ability to Benefit; Comment Period through June 20, 2023. (includes Certification Procedures addressing Professional Licensure and possibly affecting Reciprocity).
Related WCET Frontiers Post:
- ED’s New Proposed Regulations: Part 1, State Authorization Reciprocity; 5/24/23
- ED's New Proposed Regulations: Part 2, Changes for Programs leading to Professional Licensure; 5/25/23
May 16, 2023 - Update to Third Party Servicer Guidance in GEN-23-03.
April 24, 2023 - SAN & WCET Public Comment Federal Rulemaking 2023.
April 11, 2023 - U.S. Department of Education Delays Effective Date of Third-Party Servicer Guidance.
Open Forum - 2nd Tuesday of each month. June 13, 2023; Time: 10AM Alaska, 11AM Pacific, Noon Mountain, 1PM Central, 2PM Eastern; Link: https://wiche.zoom.us/j/9421225612; June Topic: SAN Member Engagement Opportunities & Ideas; June Experts: Jana Walser-Smith, Brandie Elliott, Ryan Faulkner, Sherri Melton, Erika Swain. Open Forum is a member only opportunity for a 30 min Q & A with the expert(s) and is not recorded.
WCET Annual Meeting + ASWE and SAN Coordinator Meeting - Save the Date! October 25-27 in New Orleans, LA. SAN Coordinator Meeting and the SAN Member Gathering will take place as preconference events at the same location on October 24, 2023.
U.S. Department of Education Rulemaking 2021-2022 Information Here! Watch this SAN webpage for updates, resources, explanation of the rulemaking process. (Our primary issue: Certification Procedures addressing programs leading to a professional license and reciprocity)
U.S. Department of Education Rulemaking 2023-2024 Information Here! Watch this new SAN webpage for updates and resources (it appears topics will include: TPS, Accreditation, State Authorization, and Definition of Distance Education).
Access to Key Areas of the SAN website:
- Are you new or relatively new to the issue of out-of-state activity compliance? Start Here with State Authorization 101 which leads to How it Works and Why Comply. Then move to Getting Started.
- Topic Areas: Nine key subject areas can be accessed through the 9 tiles as you scroll down on this page or from the Resources tab drop down at the top of the webpage.
- Website login information is provided to SAN members by the SAN Coordinators for your SAN Membership. Login is required for member only resources noted as requiring SAN Member login.
Communication Platform for SAN member email updates and SAN discussions - use wcetMIX. FAQ's & tutorials:https://wcetmix.wiche.edu/faq. Also please review "5 FYI's to make the most of WCET & SAN's community discussion platform".
WCET Frontiers - articles on many higher education issues related to educational technology
WCET Jobs Posts Webpage & Sample State Auth. Related Job Descriptions HERE.
Follow Us on LinkedIn - State Authorization Network (SAN).
State Authorization 101
Introductory material to understand the foundation of state authorization compliance.
Members share information and obtain direction and assistance through:
- Training workshops and webcasts.
- Discussions with regulators and experts.
- Monthly calls , email discussions, and face to face meetings.
- Research reports and state-by-state analyses.
- Reciprocity advice.