The State Authorization Network
SAN members, log in for exclusive content.
Not a member?
News & Updates (January)
Open Forum - 2nd Tuesday of each month. February 11 , 2020 Time: 10AM Alaska, 11AM Pacific, Noon Mountain, 1PM Central, 2PM Eastern; Link: https://wiche.zoom.us/j/9421225612; Opportunity for ALL members to participate in a 30 minute “link in” and ask questions about the designated topic to the monthly expert. February Topic: New Professional Licensure Disclosures Implementation Resources February Expert: Shari Miller, Consultant, Institutional Compliance MATTERS
WCET Policy Summit - The 2020 View of Federal Regulations and the Potential Impact on Higher Education Practice; April 15-16, 2020; Largo, MD Register Here!
NASASPS Collaborative Conference 2020 - April 26-29, 2020; New Orleans, LA; Registration is open. Review materials here for registration.
SAN Basics Workshop - June 3-4, 2020; Boulder, CO Registration is open! *for those new or relatively new to state authorization.
November 1, 2019 - Federal Register Announcement of USED releases 2019 FINAL Federal Regulations for State Authorization and Accreditation called: Student Assistance General Provisions, The Secretary's Recognition of Accrediting Agencies, The Secretary's Recognition Procedures for State Agencies. Effective Date is July 1, 2020. However, 600.2; 600.9(c); 668.43; and 668.50 are subject to immediate early implementation at the discretion of the institution. History and timeline of the development of the regulations can be found here.
Considerations for Early Implementation of State Authorization Federal Regulations; WCET Frontiers; December 11, 2019.
SANsational Award Winners Announced! Congratulations to University of Louisville; Western Governors University, James Madison University and University of Virginia Please view the award winners' presentations here!
NEW! SAN Podcasts:
- June Podcast available here! Special guest: Russ Poulin, Executive Director, WCET and Vice President for Technology Enhanced Education, WICHE.
- July Podcast available here! Special guest: Megan Raymond, Director, Programs and Sponsorship, WCET.
- September Podcast available here! Special Guest: Dave Dannenberg, Director Academic Innovations & eLearning, University of Alaska - Anchorage
- October Podcast available here! Special guest: Alan Contreras, NC-SARA Consultant and former state regulator
- January Podcast available here! Special guest: Kimberly Foore, West Virginia University
Board of Nursing requirements for prelicensure nursing programs & Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) programs listed by state - prepared by National Council State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
Licensed Professions per State with Board links Updated October 1, 2019 (requires SAN Member login)
Common Professional Board National Links: Updated April 2019 (requires SAN Member login)
Student Complaint Information by State and Agency - Updated December 2019
The Guide (replaces the SHEEO Surveys)
State Authorization 101
Introductory material to understand the foundation of state authorization compliance.
Members share information and obtain direction and assistance through:
- Training workshops and webcasts.
- Discussions with regulators and experts.
- Monthly calls , email discussions, and face to face meetings.
- Research reports and state-by-state analyses.
- Reciprocity advice.