SAN Advanced Topics Workshop (virtual)
Skill Building for Next Level Management of State Authorization
DATES: March 3, 4, 5, 2021
SOLD OUT! The registration link will lead you to be added to the waitlist.
Are you confident in your knowledge regarding basic state and federal compliance for the out-of-state activities of postsecondary institutions? Are you ready to take the next step to develop enriched compliance management skills? Then you need Skill Building for Next Level Management of State Authorization.
WCET/SAN is bringing together experienced compliance specialists to work with participants to develop new comprehensive yet, efficient processes and skills to manage the many nuances of state and federal compliance for out-of-state activities.
The workshop skills that will be addressed came from SAN member requests to include:
- Learning to write an effective public comment on a proposed regulation.
- Learning to write efficiently to convey policy issues and propose action steps to senior leaders.
- Succession Planning – to ensure compliance processes and operations continue with consistency.
- Tracking Experiential Learning and Data Reporting.
- Preparation of materials to share with senior leadership for purposes of applications and renewals.
- Career Development and Personal Growth.
- Collaboration with Key Stakeholders.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE! This is truly a “work”shop that requires commitment to the 4 hour period each day and participation by each registrant.
Workshop Hours: 12pm – 4pm Eastern Time (11am-3pmCT; 10am-2pmMT; 9am-1pmPT; 8am-12pm Alaska)
If the commitment to this time frame is difficult, you may want to consider waiting for the next workshop. These workshops are not recorded.
Sessions each day generally include:
- Synchronous presentations
- 1 Asynchronous presentation each day (sessions that you should review either prior to the day’s session or during the dedicated time in the workshop day as the session is essential to the work group session of the day)
- Work Group Sessions (synchronous collaborations with other participants with a group leader)
- Welcome each day and a final Q & A
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who manage state authorization, regulations, and federal updates at educational institutions. This workshop focuses on developing participants who have an understanding of state authorization who can build upon that knowledge to more specifically address more challenging facets of state authorization maintenance to build additional skills to manage compliance thoroughly and efficiently.
WCET's State Authorization Network (SAN) is based on the philosophy: "Expecting each institution to navigate authorization regulations in every state is highly inefficient. Working cooperatively, institutions can share the burden." See the SAN website for a list of WCET SAN members.
WCET SAN Member fee is $250 until February 1, 2021, and $350 thereafter. Non-WCET SAN Member fee is $500 until February 1, 2021 and $700 thereafter. SAN Member code is ITDEPENDS We will confirm those responding as members. Note that the workshop will have a maximum of 50 participants.
Workshop Location Information:
We will be using the Zoom platform, google docs for same time group response sharing, as well as wcetMIX (Higher Logic) for communication, discussion board, and the library feature to store documents.
After review of this information, REGISTER HERE!