SAN and NC-SARA Webinar Series: State Authorization Foundations & Reciprocity
SAN is partnering with NC-SARA to offer a two part webinar series to address state authorization. Please review the descriptions of each webinar below and register separately for each one hour webinar.
Part 1: State & Federal Building Blocks for Out-of-State Activity Compliance
Date: Thursday, July 28, 2022; Time: 2pm ET, 1pm CT, 12pm MT, 11am PT, 10am AK, 8am HI
Presenters: Cheryl Dowd and Kathryn Kerensky from the State Authorization Network (SAN).
Description: Part 1 of this webinar series is designed primarily for institution personnel (but open to the public) and will focus on the foundations of state authorization for out-of-state compliance and introduce reciprocity. Participants of the webinars will be introduced to:
- Purpose of State Oversight
- Foundational Principles
- Scope of State Authority Over Activities
- Impact of Federal Regulations on State Authorization
- Possible Routes to State Compliance
Part 2: Introduction to SARA
Date: Thursday, August 4, 2022: Time: 2pm ET, 1pm CT, 12pm MT, 11am PT, 10am AK, 8am HI
Presenters: Jeannie Yockey-Fine, Mary Larson, Marianne Boeke, and Melanie Booth from NC-SARA.
Description: Part 2 of this webinar series is designed for institutional personnel (but open to the public) and will focus on state institutional compliance by institutional participation in reciprocity through the in State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA). Participants of this webinar will be introduced to:
- Life Before and After SARA: Cost Savings, Streamlined Authorization, and Consistent Student Protections
- Requirements for Institutions Participating in SARA
- SARA Facts & Figures
- Potential Impact of Proposed Federal Regulations on SARA
- Further Your Learning: Additional SARA Resources