SAN & WCET Member Update Webcast: The Higher Education Policy Landscape
*Exclusively for Members*
Navigating the topography of the higher education policy landscape, especially as we near an election, can feel like you are reading a map upside down. Which direction are we headed and what does it mean for postsecondary education and digital learning? What are the potential bumps in the road and mountains to traverse? Our policy team will help chart the course and answer your questions during the fall policy update for WCET and SAN members.
Join us to learn more about regulatory and policy issues such as:
- Digital learning highlights and implications from the Department of Education rules slated to be released by November 1:
- Addition to “distance education” definition.
- Professional licensure requirements for incarcerated individuals.
- Our call for more guidance on “regular and substantive interaction” rules.
- Rules that will be in play in the coming year:
- State authorization “reciprocity” definition.
- Professional licensure “ensuring” that programs satisfy educational requirements of the state oversight agency.
- And a glimpse into potential election implications on higher education policy.
Bring your questions, compass optional.
- Cheryl Dowd; Senior Director, State Authorization Network & WCET Policy Innovations
- Kathryn Kerensky; Director, Digital Learning Policy & Compliance
- Russ Poulin; Executive Director, WCET & Vice President for Technology-Enhanced Education, WICHE
Start Date: 11.08.2022
Share via link